A few months ago I mentioned that I applied to do a summer institute at the Biosphere 2 in Oracle AZ. I was nervous, pacing, checking my email every ten seconds for weeks. Obsessed? Just a smidge. We were told that we were to hear from them the week after spring break, and when no news showed up, I feared the worst. I assumed that I had not gotten in. It took me a couple of days to accept the fact that I was not going to be living on the Biosphere 2 campus for two dream filled weeks. When I was least expecting it a friend of mine who also applied informed me that she had received an email stating that, unfortunately, had not gotten accepted to the institute. I flew back to my computer to check if I had received anything, my hope renewed and my fear sparked once again.
Nothing...
Bummer! But, my hope grew stronger since I had not received a rejection letter. Within the next fifteen or twenty minutes my husband came running up to me with his phone, telling me that he received a letter saying that he was accepted and that I should check my email to see if I had been accepted as well. My nerves were in a frenzy! Little did he know that I would be the deepest shade of green he ever saw if he got in and I didn't. I mean, how would it be fair if I didn't get to live my dream and he, who didn't really know what the Biosphere was before I introduced it to him, did! I slid into my desk chair and pulled out my phone...
ACCEPTANCE!!
My ear-piercing scream ricocheted through the classroom and, I am sure, could be heard down the hall! To say that I was ecstatic would be an extreme understatement. The hopes and dreams of the twelve year old girl inside of me were coming to fruition!
As time wore on, emails were received, laptops purchased, meal preferences stated (I only said no pork, are you proud of me!?), ning's joined and plans were made. Now, in just under two weeks I will be driving down to Oracle, AZ and living on the Biosphere 2 complex for TWO WEEKS! I am in heaven. This is proof that God does listen to your frantic prayers and hopeful dreams. I am extremely thankful for this opportunity and will update as much as I can while it is happening.
For now you can watch this video to kind of get an idea of what it is we will be seeing/doing while I am there!
As for before the Biosphere 2 institute, I will be running my second 1/2 marathon in San Diego this upcoming Sunday! I am not in it for time this time, due to some pretty spotty training, but I will definitely be in it to do the best I can and finish! Not only do I get to run a spectacular run, I get to spend a fun filled weekend with my amazing hubby and our friends! I can't wait! I will update on that as well. I need to get better at being up to date! Thanks for hanging in there and not giving up on me! Summer is here and there will be much more to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment