Rock ‘N’ Roll Seattle “Reason Why I Run” story:
Three years ago, I weighed 216 pounds and couldn't climb a flight of stairs or run to the end of the driveway without having to double over for breath. I was also told that I would not be able to be healthy enough to get pregnant unless I lost weight. My husband and I had been trying for a family for four years with no luck. I didn't know what to do. I had been battling my weight my entire life. I had friends who were runners and I was finally ready to give it a try, no matter what. My knees were hurting and I could barely move, but I used the Couch to 5K program and ran my first 5K in 2009 with a time of 49 minutes. I continued to run, began to lose weight and was amazing my doctors at my progress.
As of January of 2012, I have run four Rock 'N' Roll 1/2 marathons (AZ twice, Vegas and San Diego) and multiple 5K's. June 23, 2012, the Seattle marathon date, is my 30th birthday. I have lost 60 pounds and can run farther than I ever imagined. Running literally changed my life and I am ringing in my 30th year running my first FULL marathon, more fit than I have ever been in my life and healthy enough to have a family.
I know a lot of you have heard this story a lot, but it always makes me emotional to write it, talk about it, or even think about it. My life has changed so drastically over the past three years that it is unimaginable to believe what my life was like back then. I am so much happier and more fulfilled now than I ever believed I could be.
To review:
![]() |
| Before (216 pounds or more) |
![]() |
| (Still 15 pounds heavier than I currently am, but drastic difference!) |
I seek health, I seek to inspire others to succeed in their goals and dreams. I run because God gave me the ability to do so and I am ever so thankful.


You are amazing lady! You are doing a great job!
ReplyDelete