Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Waiting

I have found it extremely interesting what I find out there when I am waiting for a good book to come out. Books are my biggest addiction in life. If I am not reading I feel lost.

My normal genre of books is young adult books that reach out to all age levels. Particular favorites?

The Mortal Instruments Series: Cassandra Clare
The Hunger Games Series: Suzanne Collins
Matched Series: Ally Condie

I am currently waiting for Cassandra Clare to come out with her next book as well as Ally Condie. The waiting is torturous. I hate "book lulls" as I call them. Forced to scrounge for random choices makes life a little more interesting, I must admit, but I miss "MY" books. The books that make me excited, frustrated, happy, sad, comfortable. The books I am familiar with. If I truly like a book, I will read it two to ten times, depending on how much I love it, or get out of each read.

Random discoveries:
Clockwork Three: Matthew J. Kirby
Any book by Emily Giffin
Hourglass: Myra McEntire
The Cardturner: Louis Sachar
Evermore Series: Alyson Noel
The Grace Series: L.L. Naeole
13 Little Blue Envelopes: Maureen Johnson
The Maze Runner Series: James Dashner
The Apothecary's Daughter: Julie Klassen

I know there are more. Lots, lots more. I have read more books in the past year than I have in a very long time. I tear through them. I will read pretty much anything you put in front of me. Even if it is crummy. The free limited edition free books on Kindle are where I find a lot of random things. Not all gems. Some pretty horrid, actually. Others VERY good and totally unexpected. A lot of these gems that can be found in there are promotional items because the author is coming out with a new book. If you decide to venture into the world of free Kindle books, be prepared to wade through a lot of garbage before you find the gem. But isn't that the way it is for everything? You have to look hard to find what you love? 13 Little Blue Envelopes was a find in that section and I loved it. Same with The Apothecary's Daughter.You never know.

So, in the meantime, I am going to struggle through some interesting finds until it is FINALLY:

October 4: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
October 18: Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia
November 1: Crossed by Ally Condie
DECEMBER 6: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (THIS one I am antsy for! More than you know!)

This is my upcoming excitement. I live for this like a preteen girl lives for Twilight or Justin Bieber. It is my addiction, my obsession. October can't come fast enough, but November and December are creeping along. The last time I was this obsessed was when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows book came out. I locked myself away and was not seen for a full 36 hours except to use the restroom and eat. Yes, I was that obsessed.

Some are into crafts, some into sports, others into cooking. I am into reading. Do I love crafts, sports and cooking, yes? But if I had to choose? Reading. Without a doubt. I am like a kid at Christmas when a new book comes out that I am waiting for. Hopefully these Christmases will come quickly! There are only so many books I can read in the time between now and then and that is only to hold me over and are a poor substitute for the truly good ones.

This is a small window into my reading obsession. I have shelves and shelves of books, 160 or so on my Kindle and a HUGE wish list just waiting until I decide to pick one up and actually have the time to read. There is never enough time in the day to get it all in, but I enjoy a little each day and a lot when there is time.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I'm right there with you lady! I can't wait for Cassandra Clare's next book! I loved that series. I have several suggestions for you in this genre I'll send to you later, as I am also obsessed with the young adult books. :0) They are a nice escape!

    ReplyDelete