Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Reluctant Writer

Have you ever had to write something that you are truly passionate about, but didn't know where to go when you hit a certain point? Well... That is where I am at at this very moment. I have been wanting to write a book for almost seven years now, but have gotten to about page 90 and have frozen. 

I know how the book starts. I know how the book ends. So, why can't I finish it? It is all the middle. I have hit one scene that I don't' want to write and it has caused a complete halt in production... For about a year or maybe even two. Talk about severe writer's block! I am almost thinking about skipping this book and writing the sequel because I feel that one would be easier to write! 

How do you write a scene that isn't as interesting as it could be and make it reach its potential? I am having a rough time at this particular task. I am excited with the story wrapping around this scene, but completely bored with the scene itself. It is an essential scene, but a dull one to write. Those who like mushy, sweet stuff may love it, but I am frustrated. GAH! I need to find a writing coach, or someone who can just nudge me past this point. I am dying to finish this book. 

My ultimate goal was to write the book and have it in the hands of a publisher by this Christmas, but I am no closer to achieving this goal than I was when I made it. I will have to say that I want it in the hands of a publisher by next Christmas. 2012, the year that will make things happen! I want to publish a book, I want to finish THIS book. I am so passionate about making it happen I even tried to teach myself how to draw so that I could illustrate the cover and the chapter title pages. The writing is going much better than the drawing, however. Hahaha! 

I am a good writer. My story is worth telling. The book is worth reading. I now just need to get up, brush off the cobwebs and make it happen! I need to get the show on the road and complete the one project I have ever started that is nearer and dearer to me than any other. I can do it! Rough patches happen. I need to get through this one and glide on the smooth waters again. 

Spring 2013: A published book by me will (hopefully) grace the shelves of your local bookstore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment